The Corn Exchange building was erected in 1909 and was designed by the City Superintendent of Works, James A. Williamson. It is a category B listed building. It was restored to its former glory by Marcos (a family run Edinburgh Business) and opened in 1992.
Restored for use as a venue in 1999, it was awarded the Large venue of the year award two years in a row at the Scottish Event Awards 2011 and 2012.
The neighbouring Corn Exchange Village has facilities such as ten pin bowling, 5-a-side and 7-a-side football pitches, and a sports bar.
Getting Here - Public Transport
Edinburgh has excellent public transport and the Corn Exchange benefits greatly from several bus and train routes. From the centre of town Lothian Buses run a number 35, from Haymarket you can also take the 4 or 44, which all stop outside the Corn Exchange and Slateford Train Station (on the Glasgow central line) is a two minute walk from the venue.
Getting Here - Car
The Edinburgh Corn Exchange offers 400 complimentary on-site car parking spaces, and is situated approximately 3.6 kilometres (2 miles) to the south west of Edinburgh city centre. It sits to the south of Gorgie Road (A71) and north of Slateford Road (A70) two of the main arterial routes into the city.
More precisely the site is situated to the west of Chesser Avenue benefiting from roadside frontage on three sides: New Mart Road (north), New Market Road (east) and Cattle Road (west). Access to the site may be taken from either New Mart or New Market Road.
Copyright 2015. All Rights Reserved